Cable Runway Ground Strap
A Cable Runway Ground Strap bonds cable tray, wire mesh tray and cable runway components together and to the telecommunications grounding and bonding infrastructure (e.g., through cabinets and racks). This method offers a better electrical connection than wires with lugs.
The industry’s usual solution is a #6 AWG stranded wire with a two-hole lug on each end. ERICO has gone one step further, in offering a gauge-equivalent tinned, electrolytic, woven copper braid with integral palms at each end with holes for attachment using 1/4” hardware.
The hardware is zinc-plated and sold separately (part number: CRGS6HW); hardware includes 50 packs of the following set:
– (2) #12 – 24 x 1/2” long, combo hex head screws
– (2) #12 hex nuts
– (2) #12 flat washers
– (2) #12 lock washers
- Requires less physical space than wires with lugs
- Eliminates the cost of lugs
- Direct connection provides better electrical contact and improved performance
- Excellent tensile strength
- Rounded ends – no fraying
- Reduces installation time
- Greater vibration and fatigue resistance
- Improves installation aesthetics
- Recommended for EMI protection
- Can be bent very close to contact area
- Working temperature up to 220° F
A Cable Runway Ground Strap bonds cable tray, wire mesh tray and cable runway components together and to the telecommunications grounding and bonding infrastructure.
|CRGS6*||Braid||8 in||6 AWG||0.256||50|
*Hardware sold separately.
|CRGS6HW||Hardware Pack for Cable
Runway Ground Strap
|#12 – 24||50|