Rail Transient Barrier Products For Data and Signal Line Pro
Rail trackside electrical environments are prone to dangerous and damaging voltage surges and transients, which can be induced onto low-voltage signal and control circuits. These transients can cause erroneous system operation or failure, leading to capital loss, reduced train speeds or stoppages resulting in loss of revenues and profits.
ERICO offers a line of rail transient barrier products designed to help provide transient protection for signaling equipment from surges induced onto track circuits. These products are specially designed to help ensure they do not pose a safety threat in the event of failure.
Rail transient barrier products are available with varying stages of clamping circuitry. The three-stage model helps ensure the best possible protection to sensitive electronic equipment while maintaining a minimum of line interference and insertion losses.
The convenient plug-in module and separate base design facilitates replacement of a failed surge module without needing to undo installation wiring.
- Efficient clamping circuit technology helps ensure the lowest possible residual let-through voltage
- Offers over-voltage and self-resetting over-current protection
- 20 kA 8/20 µs maximum surge rating helps ensure high-level protection and long service life
- Compact design fits DIN control centers
- Separate plug-and-base design helps allow easier replacement of a failed surge module
- Available in various operating voltages to suit most common signaling system voltages
- 5-year limited warranty
For use in rail trackside electrical environments, which are prone to dangerous and damaging voltage surge and transients on the low-voltage signal and control circuits.