nVent ERICO Quickfill is a no-mix ground-enhancing backfill that reduces resistance to ground and enables convenient installations. Quickfill is designed to minimize dust and eliminate mixing. It is the ideal material to use in areas of poor conductivity such as rocky ground, mountain tops, and sandy soil. Once installed, Quickfill is maintenance-free, not requiring periodic charging. Dry ground enhancement materials are more sensitive to seasonal variability than cement-based materials.
- Lowers system resistance to ground
- Low-dust formulation
- Water not needed to install or perform
- Fast installation with no mixing or cure time required
- Can be installed in below-freezing temperatures
- Does not dissolve, decompose, or leach out with time
- Sulfur content below 2% per IEC 62561-7
- Easy-to-handle 25 lb (11.3 kg) bags
- Requires only one person to install
- Resistance measurements can be taken immediately after installation
- Complies to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP), EPA test method 1311
- Complies to EN 12457-2 Characterization of Waste Leaching Procedure, ENV 12506 and ENV 13370
Compared to the traditional GEM25A (Ground Enhancing Material), here are a couple of comparison points:
- No water needed (saves on carting water to remote sites, cost, and time).
- Minimises dust significantly.
- Cost slightly more, but savings in time and carting water to site may offset this additional cost of product.
- QF25’s resistivity factor is rated less than 25 Ohms-cm (while not as good as GEM, still complies and improves conductivity significantly compared to other products on the market). GEM25A’s resistivity factor is less than 2 ohm-cm